There are so many things to do in St. George Utah that there is literally something for everyone! Known for its year-round outdoor activities and phenomenal state parks, St. George is a destination worth visiting at least once (and even every year!). In this guide, we’ve outlined all the things to do in St. George for every season and throughout the day. We’ve also included a couple of sections for those looking for unusual, romantic, free, or fun activities to share with friends and loved ones. We hope you enjoy reading!
#5 Things To Do in St. George, Utah in the Winter (December, January & February)
Utah is often known for its white-capped mountains, cold winter air, and the greatest snow on the planet. You’d never guess that just a couple of hours across the state you’ll find the beautiful city of St. George with plenty of things to enjoy in the winter months. Check out our list of the top 5 things to do in St. George in winter!
- Hike at Snow Canyon State Park.
- Be amazed by the exceptional collection of fighter aircraft at the Western Sky Aviation Warbird Museum.
- Take a walk to appreciate the beautiful Christmas lights of the city.
- Play golf all year round in St. George!
- See how the Christmas lights make Red Hills Desert Garden one of the most beautiful places in the area.
#5 Things To Do in St. George, Utah in the Spring (March, April & May)
Many people think that Utah is a winter-only destination, but it isn’t! There are amazing things to do and beautiful sights to enjoy year-round, especially in the spring! From strolling through the local galleries or taking a hike through the canyons surrounded by the best scenery, you will always find something for everyone in Southern Utah!
- Rent an ATV or Mountain Bike at Gooseberry Mesa.
- Hike surrounded by beautiful wildflowers on the Butterfly trail.
- Visit Ghost Towns in St. George.
- Take a hot air balloon ride and enjoy an incredible sunset.
- Spend amazing morning canyoneering at Yankee Doodle.
#5 Things To Do in St. George, Utah in the Summer (June, July, August)
Who doesn’t love summer? It’s the perfect time to relax and spend time with family that will eventually turn into great memories. St. George is a fantastic place to have the perfect summer days and do fun things. Check out our list of favorite things to do during the sunny months!
- Have a boating adventure at Little Lake Powell.
- Want to relax by the lake or rent a jet ski? You can do both at Sand Hollow State Park.
- Explore the ancient lava tubes of an extinct volcano on the Lava Flow Trail.
- Have the time of your life at Quail Creek State Park.
- Practice your climbing skills at Pioneer Park.
#5 Things To Do in St. George, Utah in the Fall (September, October, November)
Summer in St. George is amazing, but also hot. If you are looking for cooler weather, then plan your visit during the autumn months. You can enjoy the fantastic colors of Zion National Park or have an outdoor dinner with your family. Here are the top 5 things to do in St. George, Utah during the fall!
- Visit the House of Fire, don’t leave without visiting the Cave Tower, one of the most popular attractions here.
- Explore Dixie Rock, while in Pioneer Park.
- Plan a ride on the urban bike trails.
- Take a walk around the St. George Historic District.
- Visit the St. George Art Museum which becomes a haunted house for Halloween.
#5 Unusual Things To Do in St. George, Utah
If you already know St. George, you’ve probably done most of the things mentioned in the article but if you’re looking for unusual activities, check out our list of hidden gems that you must see during your next getaway! We’re sure it will definitely be one of the highlights of your trip!
- Visit St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site.
- Hiking The Narrows in Zion National Park.
- Be amazed at Petroglyph Park.
- Meet the incredible artistic community of Kayenta in the middle of the desert.
- One place you must visit is the home of Jacob Hamblin, a well-known missionary who acted as a peacemaker and community builder.
#5 Free Things To Do in St. George, Utah Besides Hiking!
If you love road trips where you don’t have to spend a fortune to make memories with your family, St. George is a great option! Free activities abound in this city; check out our favorites here!
- Walk Around Tonaquint Nature Center.
- Follow the dinosaur footprints at Warner Valley Dinosaur Tracks.
- Learn a little history at the Daughters of Utah Pioneer Museum.
- Spend a perfect summer day on a sandy beach surrounded by red cliffs at Fire Lake Park.
- Take a photo with Utah’s famous red rocks at Traffic Circle Mustangs Sculpture.
#5 Fun Things To Do in St. George, Utah for Kids & Adults
Looking for things to do with your kids in St. George, Utah? Then you’ve come to the right place! St. George is the ideal city to explore with kids year-round, indoor or outdoor activities. Here’s our list of the best recreational opportunities for kids and adults in St. George!
- Enjoy a sense of peace while touring the St. George temple.
- Spend a fun-filled day at St. George Children’s Museum.
- Relax and get in touch with nature at Town Square Park.
- Enjoy swimming activities at Sand Hollow Aquatic Center.
- Have a great time at Laser Mania Family Fun Center.
#5 Things To Do in St. George, Utah at Night
Many people arrive in St. George unaware of the many things to do at night. After spending the day touring Zion National Park, this charming town offers various cultural activities for families, couples, and kids! Check out our top 5:
- Enjoy a night of movies at Pineview Stadium.
- Spend a night of family fun at Fiesta Fun-Family Fun Center.
- Let your imagination and creativity run wild at The Tilted Kiln.
- Attend a local talent show at Brigham’s Playhouse.
- Explore Downtown St. George.
#5 Romantic Things To Do in St. George, Utah for Your Special Someone
St. George is also the perfect place for a romantic getaway. Whether you’re looking to show off your creativity, create new memories or celebrate a special date, just arrange a trip and show that special someone how much you care with our favorite romantic things to do in St. George, Utah!
- Have a different kind of date with a picturesque backdrop at Johnson Canyon Arch.
- Have a fancy date night with great food and an incredible view at the Cliffside Restaurant.
- See an outdoor Broadway play at Tuacahn Amphitheater.
- Get to know Utah’s National Parks without having to drive. Just enjoy a scenic tour accompanied by a local guide.
- Be amazed by the red and white sandstone cliffs of Navajos on a guided horseback ride.
And Finally, Where To Stay While Enjoying All that St. George Offers?
So, you’ve got 45 things to do during your next visit to St. George, Utah; now all that’s left to do is find your ideal lodging. There are many choices regarding the best retreats, so we want to help you make the right decision. Check out our three favorite resorts that are perfect for families of any size.
Coral Canyon Resort
If you are looking for luxury vacation rentals near Zion National Park, you should consider Coral Canyon Resort as an option. Its location will give your group the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation. This resort is divided into two types of accommodations:
- The Eighth is a collection of luxurious private homes with an incredible view of the 8th hole of the Coral Canyon golf course. It is the ideal choice for large family retreats. All homes feature private pools, barbecue grills, hot tubs and terraces with panoramic views
- Town Center Resort also has luxury rentals ideal for smaller families. Homes feature private hot tubs, custom fire pits, a shared outdoor pool, and Pickleball courts.
Coral Springs Resort
Another of Southern Utah’s finest rentals is Coral Springs Resort. The unique style of the suites combines old-world charm with a southwestern motif. Spacious covered patios with outdoor fireplaces provide warmth on cold winter nights.
Coral Springs Resort features suites ideal for all types of families. The resort has amenities from a fitness center, indoor pool, outdoor pool for sunny days, and tennis courts to the Clubhouse, perfect for family gatherings.
If you’re looking for lodging close to downtown St. George and Snow Canyon State Park, then Estancia Resort is the place for you. With a playground, swimming pools, pickleball, tennis, and golf courts, your family’s fun will only be limited by how long you choose to stay.
Each of the suites is equipped with everything your family may need. The resort will offer you magnificent views of the mountains and the breathtaking scenery of the valley. Estancia Resort is definitely the family resort you are looking for.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the best things to do in St. George, Utah for all seasons and personalities. There are so many things to do that we have tried to include only the best. Be sure to visit St. George at your favorite time of year so you can make the most of your stay.
Just in case you need an extra reason, At Private Vacations, we’ll be happy to help you plan your next trip to St. George, Utah so you can enjoy yourself.